Toni Blake'sJourney to Leasing Excellence
Helping you channel your full potential
Return to Playlist
Main TotallyToni Homepage
Step 33: The Importance of Names
- Tips on the Name Exchange
- Create that “Welcome Home” greeting
- Show Compassion before showing an Apartment
- Habits of helping, not hyping
- Personalize their experience using their name!
Enhancing The Face to Face Encounter
What’s in a name? It is one of THE most important factors to nailing that first face-to-face encounter with the customer. This lesson guides you through setting intentionality on your first meeting with each future resident. Toni dives deeper in teaching how to make each greeting feel at home, and how using a person’s name can be the final confirmation that your property is the ONE for them. Step 33 is all about making the greeting familiar so that your customer feels welcome. Home isn’t a place, it’s a feeling! And this video is giving us all the feels!
Intentionality: the power of minds to be about, to represent, or to stand for, things, properties and states of affairs; being deliberate or purposive
- Purposive: having, serving, or done with a purpose
Focus on Remembering Names
Pay attention to people’s names
Use their name in sentences about every ten minutes as you speak to them.
- Write it down, ask them to confirm correct spelling
- Learn to use people’s names outside of work: wait staff, cashiers, receptionists, anyone wearing a name tag. It’s good practice!
- Notice how people respond to you when you use their name.
- Did you notice when others could have used your name, but didn’t, or called you by the wrong name? How did that feel?
- Test yourself! At the end of the day, recall all of the names you learned that day. How did you do? What can you do to score better?